the little fifty

nanodrawmo sketches

Here are all fifty NaNoDrawMo sketches, all hydrants and metal pipes of some sort, 41 of which were in Davis. All in order.

About these ads

27 thoughts on “the little fifty

1. Jason Das

Pete, you’re a hero!! These are just so wonderful, so brilliant. (And, hmm, this would make a rather wonderful print/poster…)

2. Roshan

Dude, this is the nuts!! As soon as I saw it I thought “that would make a nice poster”. Seems as though others agree with me. Get this one out there mate!

3. Gainor Roberts

Thanks so much, Pete! The pipes and hydrants are wonderful. I have never bothered to notice them before you started posting them. Now I can’t drive to the supermarket without cruising slowly around the neighborhood checking out all the pipes. We have lots of new ones that are red and yellow and shiny with paint…but there are a few oldsters around the Tampa area too, and they make me very amused! I had to share your series with a friend who visited me over Thanksgiving and she is now looking at these things in New York state! Great sharing and wonderful drawings.

4. QuinnCreative

Pete, these are great! I’ve admired some of the big water pipes that move the water through the irrigation systems in our area, but I never thought of drawing them–too complicated. Now you have made them seem like sculptures! Yes, a poster is in order! You have a great eye for form and style–wonderful!

1. pete scully Post author

Thanks! It’s funny, there is a metal pipe type sculpture on campus that I see every day, and it looks nowhere near as cool or interesting as the regular water pipes you see all over town.

5. Ty Tadano

These are fantastic. I’m a civil engineer and have thought backflow preventers were worth checking out for a long time. I’m glad that you’ve made them more exciting for the non-engineers in the world. Thanks.

6. Debo Boddiford

LOVE IT! If you ever have this printed into a poster or smaller sized print….PLEASE let me know! I WANT ONE!
    A poster print of all these fire hydrants would drive all the male dogs in America quite “mad”!!